So here it is. Version 1.0 of The Roughnecks. I’m rather happy with how it’s coming along so far, as well as how much I’ve learned from building this project. I’m actually excited to see how much more I can do to improve/expand on what I have right now.
Time for another update; possibly the last one before I have a playable demo out. The movement patterns for each of the six units has been completed, along with a very rough UI system. At this point, the game is more or less playable. I’m excited to see this project move along, and can’t wait […]
I had to put this project on hold while I devoted time to some job applications/interviews, but I am back with development updates. I have implemented six unit types for both the player and enemy to use, and began to work on the AI patterns.
A week and a half later, and I’m pretty happy with what I’ve gotten working. The basic “player” and “enemy” units can move around, fight, and defeat one another in-game. These base classes will be used as the archetypes for all of the units added in-game. Instead of having to rebuild functionality for each one, […]
After starting and stopping several portfolio pieces that I just wasn’t happy with, I decided to try something different and build a small game myself. To be more precise, I’ll be rebuilding the RTS project I was toying around with in Unreal Engine 4. The project seemed like a great way to learn more about […]